What if I live outside of Polk County?

If you wish to plead not guilty to a traffic infraction ticket, and you cannot appear for a hearing because you live outside Polk County, you must complete an Affidavit of Defense (PDF) and file it with Polk County Clerk’s office on or before the 30-day due date.

Effective October 1, 2006, speed in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit requires a mandatory court appearance. The fine is doubled for a second or subsequent conviction within 12 months when speed exceeds the limit by 30 miles per hour or more. A person may not elect to attend a basic driver improvement course in lieu of a court appearance.

Show All Answers

1. How can I satisfy a traffic civil infraction?
2. The fee owed is different than what the deputy or officer listed on my citation. Why is that?
3. Can I get a payment extension?
4. How long do I have to enter a not guilty plea to a civil infraction?
5. What if I live outside of Polk County?
6. What if I'm found guilty of a civil traffic infraction?
7. What are my options for paying court imposed fines and costs for traffic tickets?
8. Can I pay for traffic citation in Polk County that I received in another county?