Bartow, Fla. (Feb. 12, 2020) — Spring break and summer are just around the corner- leap over to the Polk County Clerk’s office on Feb. 29 for their Saturday passport application event.
Work, school, and life don’t always leave time to come to the Clerk’s office during business hours to apply for a passport. To help make the application process easier, Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller Stacy Butterfield is hosting a Saturday passport application event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Leap Day at the Lakeland and Northeast branch locations. Instant passport photos are also available on-site for $10.70.
The event will be held at the Clerk’s Lakeland office located at 930 E. Parker St., and the Northeast office located at 3425 Lake Alfred Road in Winter Haven.
“We typically see an increase in passport applications this time of year, as residents prepare for spring break and summer travel,” Clerk Butterfield said. “Coming into the Clerk’s office to fill out an application isn’t always convenient or possible for those working full-time jobs, so a Saturday opening provides a more convenient time for customers to apply for a passport.”
In order to provide the quickest service possible, the Clerk’s office is unable to serve customers by telephone during the events. Please call ahead for questions and additional details.
Suggested Time Savers:
- Visit the Clerk’s website www.polkcountyclerk.net to review passport application requirements, required documentation, and fees.
- Passport application forms can be found at travel.state.gov. You may complete the application in advance using BLACK INK ONLY, and DO NOT SIGN UNTIL IN FRONT OF A CLERK.
- Make sure to bring:
- a checkbook or money order for the correct amount AND cash or credit card (passport fees can be found on the Clerk’s website).
- Proof of citizenship and identification.
- Customers requesting overnight shipping must bring an overnight stamp with the application. A separate check or money order is required for each application. Both forms of payment are required as there are two separate fees for every application.
4. Customers who bring a photo with them will save time and avoid waiting in line to have their photo taken.
5. Contact the Polk County Clerk of Courts office at 863-534-4000 or visit the Clerk’s office online at www.polkcountyclerk.net, or like the Polk County Clerk Facebook page for updates and announcements