During these unusually challenging times, the Clerk & Comptroller is keeping customers safe while ensuring access to justice. Many things are rapidly changing as the office works to adapt to the current environment and serve customers in the safest and most convenient way possible. Please monitor this page for the most current updates to our services.
COVID-19 Safety Restrictions Lifted at Polk Courthouses
- Social distancing and masks are no longer required in all spaces, including in-person court proceedings and jury. Individuals who wish to wear a mask and socially distance may continue to do so.
- Some court proceedings will transition to in-person proceedings. However, virtual hearings may continue to occur. Court attendees must check their court notice for instructions.
- Physical and virtual courtroom locations are available the day of a hearing via the Clerk’s online Find My Courtroom service. The information is not displayed online in advance. Attendees may contact the office at 863-534-4000 if the information is needed before the court date, or register to receive text and/or email notices about upcoming court dates through e-Notify.
Marriage and Passport Services
Appointments are no longer necessary for marriage licenses and new passport applications.
Hours of Operation
As a reminder, the Clerk's office closes at 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This includes the Official Records Department.
Remote services remain available as a convenience for the public. This includes:
- Pay a traffic ticket
- Electronically record mortgages, deeds, and other official records (online, for repeat filers only, such as contractors, attorneys, title companies, closing agents, etc.)
- File court documents electronically
- Electronically view court records, official records, and request certified copies
- Check your jury status or request excusals and postponements
- Set up payment plans
- Electronically pay child support and alimony (online)
- Mail traffic school completion certificates to P.O. Box 9000, Drawer CC-10, Bartow, FL 33831-9000
- Sign up to receive a text and/or email alerts about court dates
- Check the time and location of your court hearing with Find My Courtroom