During these unusually challenging times, the Clerk & Comptroller's most urgent priority is to keep customers safe while ensuring access to justice. Many things are rapidly changing as the office works to adapt to the current environment and serve customers in the safest and most convenient way possible. Please monitor this page for the most current updates to our services.
Courthouse Safety Procedures
Administrative Order 1-53.3 outlines the general procedures for the Polk County Courthouse to prioritize the safety of persons accessing the courthouse or court facilities:
- Courthouse Entry/Exit: The public must enter the Bartow courthouse through the Church Street/North entrance or the Juvenile/Southwest entrance of the building.
- Masks: Everyone, including employees, must wear a mask while entering and exiting the building as well as when they are in shared, public spaces. Masks will be provided at no cost to visitors who do not have one.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing measures of maintaining a distance of six feet from others will be strictly enforced. Signage is posted throughout the courthouse to help ensure this distance is maintained.
- Temperature Checks and Health Screenings: The public must undergo a verbal health screening and temperature check before entering the building.
Any person who refuses to wear a facemask or follow social distancing requirements while in the courthouse or court facility will be denied access. The administrative order is available on the 10th Judicial Circuit Court's website.
Remote services that are still available to the public include:
- Pay a traffic ticket
- Electronically record mortgages, deeds, and other official records (online, for repeat filers only, such as contractors, attorneys, title companies, closing agents, etc.)
- File court documents electronically
- Electronically view court records, official records, and request certified copies
- Check your jury status or request excusals and postponements
- Check the status of court proceedings
- Set up payment plans
- Electronically pay child support and alimony (online)
- Mail traffic school completion certificates to P.O. Box 9000, Drawer CC-10, Bartow, FL 33831-9000
- Sign up to receive a text and/or email alerts about court dates
- Check the time and location of your court hearing with Find My Courtroom