Do-It-Yourself Court Filings
Prepare your own court forms in three easy steps utilizing our interactive TurboCourt tool. This service helps you prepare forms to begin a new Landlord-Tenant Dispute (eviction), Injunction for Protection (restraining order), or Family Law Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) case.
1. Register for a Free Account
Select the link below for the type of case you need to file and then register for a free account. The information you provide will be saved, encrypted, and available to you at any time.
- Injunctions for Protection (restraining order): Free, including domestic violence, repeat, sexual, stalking, and dating violence
- Dissolution of Marriage Without Children (divorce)
- Dissolution of Marriage With Children (divorce)
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes (eviction)
2. Generate and Sign Forms
Log into your account via TurboCourt to prepare forms to begin the process. Don't forget to sign the forms. People often miss this step.
There are no fees when using these Do-It-Yourself (DIY) forms to fill out your petition for an injunction for protection (restraining order). There is a $10 service for the other case types.
3. Submit Forms
Before you submit any forms, make sure all paperwork is signed. The forms you generate in Step 2 are not filed until you complete one of the steps below. Completed forms can be submitted three ways:
- Save completed forms as a PDF and file it as a "Pro Se" or "Self Represented" user in the E-Filing portal. This portal is different than the service you used in Step 2. See the Help tab in the portal for resources and a variety of instructional videos, including one on how to register for an account and also one on how to file a new case. You may also contact the E-Filing Portal Support Center at 850-577-4609 or by email.
- Print the forms and submit in person at any of our three office locations in Bartow, Lakeland or Winter Haven.
- Print forms and mail them to our office.
If you need help generating forms, TurboCourt offers a variety of training videos on their site to help you with using the tool. The videos are available via the Resources Tab.
If you need help E-Filing your forms, see the first bullet above under the Submit Forms section.