COVID-19 UPDATE: Please visit our COVID-19 page for current procedures in place during the pandemic. Appointments are currently required for passport services.

Apply for a passport at any of the Clerk’s three office locations. Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Passport photos are also offered at all of our offices for $10.70.

Passports are issued by the U.S. Department of State. Please visit the agency’s website for additional details about passports, the application process and expedited processing options.


Bartow – 255 N. Broadway Ave.

Lakeland – 930 E. Parker St.

Northeast Polk – 3425 Lake Alfred Road, Winter Haven

What to Bring

  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
    • Certified Birth Certificate
    • ​Certificate of Naturalization
    • Expired U.S. Passport
  • Identification: Valid Driver's License
    • U.S. Passport
    • Military I.D.
    • State I.D.


  • Clerk's Fee = $35​ (cash or credit accepted)
  • Photo Fee (optional) = $10.70 (cash or credit accepted)
  • U.S. Department of State Fee (check or money order only)
    • Age 16 and older routine (six weeks): $110
    • Age 16 and older rushed (three weeks): $187.13
    • Age 15 and younger routine (six weeks): $80
    • Age 15 and younger rushed (three weeks): $157.13

Suggested Time Savers

  • Passport application forms can be found at You may complete the application in advance using BLACK INK ONLY, and DO NOT SIGN UNTIL IN FRONT OF A CLERK.
  • Bring a checkbook and cash or credit card, proof of citizenship, and identification. Customers requesting overnight shipping must bring an overnight stamp with the application.


Federal law requires both parents’ or legal guardians’ signatures on a passport application for a child 15 years of age or younger, or documentation of the absence of the second parent. It is strongly encouraged for both parents to appear in person when applying for a child. A MINOR, ages 16 and 17, may apply for a passport without a parent as long as they have an operator driver’s license and written consent from a parent or can submit a parent’s check for payment of the passport.

Passport Renewals

All passport renewals require the completion of Form DS-82. You may renew your passport by mail if:

  • You hold a passport and it is not more than five years past the date of expiration and not more than 15 years since being issued.
  • You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued.
  • Visit the U.S. Department of State website to complete the process.

If your passport is mutilated or damaged, you must

  • Use the DS-11 application form and
  • Apply in person at one of the acceptance agencies with a certified copy of your birth certificate (must have the names of both parents on it). Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller offices are acceptance agencies.

Forms & Documents