Marriage license applications are now reinstated at the Bartow Courthouse only.
This is a time of crisis and we’re finding that marriage license services are needed by many due to change-of-life events that have been taking place, like deployment, job changes, etc. We’ve had people reach out to us with these situations requesting help, so we established a procedure that we feel enables us to reinstate the service for anyone seeking a license while maintaining appropriate safety measures.
The following procedures will be used during the COVID-19 closure:
- Couples must call to make an appointment at 863-534-4000. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- While making the appointment via telephone, you need to have the following information for both parties:
- Phone numbers
- Dates of Birth
- Birthplaces (State or Foreign Country)
- Social Security numbers
- Number of marriages
- Date last marriage ended (Month/Day/Year), reason (divorce, death, etc.)
- Maiden name
- Does couple have minor child or children in common born in the State of Florida
- At time of appointment, the couples will need to have the following for both individuals:
- IDs – either a Driver’s License or Passport
- Premarital Course Certificate, if applicable
- The Clerk’s office is not performing ceremonies and only the two individuals applying for the license are permitted in to the building.
*Please note, all customers who enter the building undergo a verbal health screening prior to being permitted to enter.